Monday, November 12, 2007

small differences (korean edition)

Koreans squat like this:
(not my picture)

heels flat on the ground.
Not as easy as you might think.

Koreans don't do 'pull my finger.' Instead its a maneuver like setting off an old fashion detonator wherein the hand goes from 'thumbs up' to 'closed fist.' This can also be reversed à la opening a can of soda.

The mother of all differences is dong chim.
(not my picture again... unfortunately.)

It is translated as "poop needle," although kids are more than happy to perform a frontal version of said act. A wikipedia search redirects you to a sight on the Japanese equivalent called kancho, although the URL betrays its true origins. I'll put up my own pictures of this soon, but for now, you can experience a simulation here.

Also, yesterday was pepero day. You know, because 11/11 looks like 4 sticks of pepero.

But oh man, I can't wait for Black Day so i can "commiserate [my] singledom."

1 comment:

Lisonay said...

that game is great. is it just a kid thing or do adults do it too, when they are being silly?

also, better late than never but: will you be my pepero?






(they paid me to say that)